Thursday, May 13, 2021

Parable of the Angry Farmer

Now this is a first. In all the decades of spiritual work, meditation and direct communications, I have never been told a parable, but that is what happened in the pre-dawn hours of this morning. 

From around 3:30 am I began tossing and turning, awakening with the thought to get up and sit in meditation. I was not so inclined, 😊, so I tried to go back to sleep. I dozed off and then was re-awakened at 4 am. Still, I did not feel much like getting out of bed, so tried to doze some more, until around 4:30 am when I had had enough of this mental prodding that seemed to be going on. So I got up, lit a stick of incense, set my energetic protections and arranged myself on a couple of pillows in half-lotus position. 

I followed my usual course into meditation, which involves firing up the Merkaba light vehicle, opening Chakras and running the caduceus "snakes" of light around my spine, from the base up to penetrate my Pineal Gland, where I settle my awareness. My Zazen practice is then about keeping the mind placed there, dispelling intrusive thoughts and abiding in the calmness of pure awareness. 

Well, at least that is the theory 😂! Once there, I observe the energetic state of my mind as a surface that is more or less smooth. After coffee for instance, that surface is vibrating all over. When I'm stressed with a lot going on, it can be all bubbly and even foamy like a sea shore. This morning I noted it was smooth as glass. Placid, calm and stable. I was able to focus my awareness in that observer mode while dispelling the incoming thoughts with relative ease. It is a beautiful, peaceful feeling of being in a state of grace. 

After a time, I reached out to the "Confederation of Planets in service to the Infinite Creator" and no sooner had I done so, I was greeted with three responses. One was from Latwii, another was Laitos and I think the 3rd was Hatton. Anyway, the upshot was that Laitos advised that they would provide strengthening and conditioning of my field and Latwii began engaging in communication. Hatton remained silent thereafter. 

I challenged Laitos on how I would be able to tell that they were doing anything at all, and they didn't hesitate to confirm that the increasingly sore throat I had been suffering from over the past few days would be healed, and from that I could tell it was real. (Note: no more sore throat this morning.)

Latwii, after a bit of dialogue that I do not really recall, confirmed that they would like to tell me a parable about a farmer. As I said, that was a new experience, and I felt some anxiety that I might not be able to hear the words or the story. It's weird to say that now, but I was feeling anxious that if this was all just some trick of my mind I wouldn't be able to make up some unheard of Farmer Parable, and everything would be exposed as the creation of my overactive imagination. Do you get what I mean? I was suddenly confronted by the realisation that if a cohesive story was not interpreted I would be exposing my self-delusion, and conversely, if a cohesive, poignant and otherwise unheard of story was  received, then there was no going back from the reality of this contact. 

So it was than in the pre-dawn hours, sitting alone in the dark, I had this existential crisis of its either all real at a very personal level, or its all just been mental imaginings. Here is the Parable of the Farmer, so you might decide for yourself.

Parable of the Farmer

There was a farmer, who toiled from dawn to dusk tending his fields so he could eke out a living. He was full of resentment for the hard work he had to endure, day after day, and was angry and spiteful to those close to him for the responsibility they imparted on him to continue his life of drudgery. At the same time, he was jealous of all those people who he observed were able to breeze through life without the burdens he was carrying. The farmer was particularly incensed by his neighbour, who always seemed to be happy, carefree and to achieve greater success than he. One day the Farmer met the neighbour at their fence line and in a moment of honesty, he asked his neighbour, "How do you maintain such good humour and positive relationships in the face of all the difficulties and work?"
"I let go of all the problems and let God take care of the solutions. My work is to be a faithful instrument for His action, so I choose to be happy, loving and kind. Would you not choose happiness and love over anxiety, anger and despair?" responded the neighbour.
That night the Farmer reflected on how dwelling on his concerns and blaming others only fueled his anxiety and anger. On the morrow, he awoke with a smile. Determined to be happy, loving and kind, he embraced his family and released his concerns to God as he stepped out the door to tend his fields. 

May we each overcome our ignorance, anger and greed to realise the highest perfect wisdom of the bodhi mind and attain a life without suffering in Nirvana. 🙏❤

No comments:

Post a Comment