Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Part 7: The Task of the Present

In 2002 I visited Bangkok and discovered the Royal Palace was home to an Emerald Buddha. Being a keen meditator and alternative healer, I determined to visit the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and quickly made plans to do so. Upon arriving at the temple I was immediately gratified to see others kneeling and prostrating in various forms of paying homage and meditating and found a spot on the floor where I might kneel, express my gratitude and meditate.

Upon commencing my meditation when I closed my eyes I could still "see" an impression of the Emerald Buddha in my mind’s eye. I began contemplating the significance of the green colour in the context of the chakra system and as I did so I watched and felt a ray of green light extend to my Heart Chakra from the Buddha image. I then began to receive and have thoughts about the significance of the Heart Chakra in the transformation process. Through the rush of communication I most clearly recalled the following:

Emerald Buddha Meditation
  1. The heart chakra is the centre of one's compassion, love and understanding for others.
  2. Identifying and respecting others as individual expressions of the universe is the first step in cultivating compassion, love and understanding for others.
  3. It is only after being able to feel an unconditional compassion, love and understanding for others that we can begin to speak or communicate with a universal truth.
  4. It is only after being able to speak on matters of universal truth, with unconditional compassion, love and understanding in our hearts that we will be able to consciously see the realities that lay beyond our current condition.
  5. The task of the moment is to open the heart in compassion, love and understanding.
I wrote these words upon returning from the excursion to the temple and have found them to be very profound in forming my view of the universe and our position in it. I hope they might help you also.



References:I must acknowledge the contribution also to my view of the following:
The Law of One, L/L Research. Online reference: http://www.llresearch.org/library/the_law_of_one_pdf/the_law_of_one_pdf.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment